The Foundation continues the tradition of education fostered by the Bronson and Conger families who started Peninsula’s first lending library in 1839. It was first located at the Bronson Church and then the Academy at 1741 Main Street. The Academy educated local children until Ohio passed into law the Ohio School Law of 1849 establishing the public school system.
The Foundation’s library focuses on local history, shelter design, architecture, the decorative arts, and landscape architecture. It is the lifetime collection of Robert L. Hunker, architectural and interior designer. The library is housed in the Foundation headquarters at 6138 Riverview Road. Access to the documents and lending library is available by appointment by calling 330-657-2211.
Our library features thousands of books on the following topics:
- Civic & Landscape Art
- Drawing & Decorative Art
- Graphic Arts
- World History
- American History
- Local History
Click Here to Search the Library