Built circa 1820 in typical Western Reserve Greek Revival style, this building was the first permanent structure in Peninsula and is one of the oldest buildings in the Western Reserve. Restored and Renovated in the 1960’s by Robert Hunker, the Founder of The Peninsula Foundation, this building is again in need of some renovation work to preserve it for generations. The Peninsula Foundation is dedicated to preserving the heritage of our Village through historic preservation. We have hired local residents Erik Eckert from Greenhaven Builders to handle the stone and foundation work, and Tim Blower from Precision Painting to do the Painting. Once the work is finished the bottom of the structure will be rented and used for an art gallery, while the top of the building will be used as a vacation rental, giving visitors a rental option in the heart of the Village.
To find out more about the history of The Woods Store, click here http://www.peninsulahistory.org/woods-store/
Donate to The Woods Store Renovation by clicking here or call the office at 330-657-2528
Find out about this and other restoration projects by visiting our website under the Preservation Tab