For the health and safety of our patrons and staff, the Civil War Lecture Series at the G.A.R. Hall will move to a virtual format until further notice.
Click below to register for each lecture.
The Peninsula Foundation’s 2020 Civil War Lecture Series will be held on the fourth Thursday of each month from March to October at the G.A.R. Hall in Peninsula. Lectures begin at 7:00pm. A $5 donation is requested to keep this program sustainable.
2020 Speaker Schedule
- 3/26: The Battle of Monocacy, presented by Marc Leepson (Postponed)
- 4/23: The Battle of Franklin and the Unsung Hero of the Union, Jacob Dolson Cox, presented by Gene Schmiel (Rescheduled to 4/22/2021)
- 5/28: Varina Davis, presented by Joan Cashin (Postponed)
- 6/25: An Evening with Ulysses S Grant, presented by Curt Fields
- 7/23: Marching Home, presented by Brian Matthew Jordan. Click here to register
- 8/27: Mary Ann Bickerdyke, presented by Jessica Michna. Click here to register
- 9/24: Lincoln’s Vice Presidents, presented by William F.B. Vodrey
- 10/22: Gettysburg Monuments: Stories & Tall Tales, Part II, presented by Gary Sellers