The Peninsula Foundation supports the Arts Community by presenting Voices in the Valley, a showcase of traditional roots music. So kick back, relax and join us for a night of music in the Historic G.A.R. Hall. Beer, Wine and adult beverages available.
Join us the Third Tuesday of each month for Ten on Tuesdays. This is a planned Open Mic hosted by Erik Urycki of the Speedbumps. If you are interested in performing at a Ten on Tuesdays email us at email@example.com. Ten on Tuesdays replaces our former Third Thursday Open Mic and starts at 7:00pm. Snacks available for purchase along with adult beverages!
If you are looking for a way to sponsor the arts, please consider helping support the Voices in the Valley music program at the historic G.A.R. Hall. Operated by the Peninsula Foundation, this program features local and national touring musicians in the intimate setting of this beautiful, grand old hall. Your donation is tax deductible and very much appreciated. Thank you in advance for supporting the arts and arts programming in N.E. Ohio!
click here for Voices in the Valley Sponsorship brochure
Click here to follow Voices in the Valley on Faceboo
- April 3rd- Johnny G’s “Road Worn Man” Cd Release Party- Johnny G, one of Akron’s prolific songwriters, celebrates the release of his first recording with a few of his close friends at the historic G.A.R. Hall. Johnny played at our first Voices in the Valley event, one of the tracks was recorded live in the Hall, and we feel it is only fitting he hold his party to celebrate its release with us.
Doors open at 6:30, Music starts at 7pm
$7 donation requested at the door.
- April 4th- A Blues Gathering- We have invited back four of our favorite blues artists for another night of blues at the Hall. Join us as Jon Mosey, Mike Lenz, Kristine Jackson and Austin Walkin’ Cane mix it up on this historic stage. Expect some awesome guitar work, bluesey vocals, a little friendly competition and a night of great blues music among friends.
doors open at 7:30, music starts at 8pm
pre-sale tickets $12/$15 day of show
purchase tickets here
- April 10th- NO VOICES IN THE VALLEY
- April 11th- Kim Richey- a Voices in the Valley Small Hall Concert-Two-time Grammy-nominated Kim is a storyteller; a weaver of emotions and a tugger of heartstrings. Tender, poetic and aching with life’s truths, Kim’s songs transport you to her world, where words paint pictures and melodies touch the soul. And then there’s her voice. Pure, arresting and honest, it makes you take notice. Supporting act is Akron artists Ryan Humbert.
Pre-sale tickets $20/ day of show $25
This is a general admission concert with auditorium seating.
Find out more about Kim Richey here
Purchase tickets here
- April 17th- The Lowest Pair-The Lowest Pair features the duel banjo picking of Kendl Winter and Palmer T. Lee. Arkansas-born and now homesteading in Olympia, Washington, Kendl Winter sprouts alfalfa beans in mason jars in the back of the tour van and spreads her songs across the country Johnny Appleseed style. Kendl brings to The Lowest Pair her wonderfully weaving poetry of song, old and new, and a voice somewhere between Gillian Welch and Iris DeMent with a little Olympia twist. Palmer T. Lee who hails from Minneapolis was nineteen years old when he inherited a couple of banjos and discovered he could reassemble them into his dream instrument. Former front man for the much loved high energy bluegrass band The Boys n’ the Barrels, Palmer’s songs are distilled into the warm sweet sounds of his percussive wordplay and the melodic interludes of his own unique style played on a pieced together banjo.
find out more about The Lowest Pair here
Doors open at 6:30/music at 7pm. General Admission.
$12 pre-sale/ $15 day of show
purchase tickets here
April 18th- Brent Kirby and His Luck- Brent Kirby has been one of our favorites at the Hall and a supporter of the Voices in the Valley music program. He has started a new band called His Luck which is packed full of talented musicians. They have played the Hall one other time and lit up the room! Brent has been called one of the hardest working musicians in Cleveland, a title he has earned through hard work and honest talent. Join him with his new band for a night of good songwriting and musicianship.
find out more about Brent and his music here Doors open at 7:30, music at 8pm $10 donation requested at the door
More information about these shows coming soon!
April 24th- The Crooked River Stompers
April 25th- Griffin House
May 1st- The Honey Dewdrops- CD release
May 2nd- Kristine Jackson- Concert for Liz fundraiser
May 8th- The Stumpy Basin Volunteers
May 9th- Hal Walker
May 15th- SyRuP
May 16th- Boy=Girl
May 22nd- Austin Walkin’ Cane
May 23rd- Rachel Brown and the Beatnik Playboys
May 29th- Up ’til 4
May 31st- Elephant Revival
Enter the G.A.R. Hall through the side door by the patio. Parking for the G.A.R. Hall is on the southwest corner of Riverview Road and Main Street (Route 303).
Please send all booking inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Words are not enough for all the gratitude we have for the countless people who have given to this program. You know who you are and Thank YOU so much!
Jay Minkin for all his great press and support. Check out his blog at minkinsmusic.wordpress.com
Thanks to Woodsy’s Music in Kent for all of their support!
Thanks to Audio Technica for the awesome microphones!