The Peninsula Foundation supports the Arts Community by presenting
Voices in the Valley, a showcase of traditional roots music. So kick back, relax and join us for a night of music in the Historic G.A.R. Hall. Beer and Wine available
Food provided by SOW food
Join us the Third Tuesday of each month for Ten on Tuesdays.
This is a planned Open Mic hosted by Erik Urycki of the Speedbumps.
If you are interested in performing at a Ten on Tuesdays
email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ten on Tuesdays replaces our former
Third Thursday Open Mic and starts at 7:00pm.
Snacks available for purchase along with adult beverages!
- November 26th- Voices in the Valley Small Hall Concert presents
Mo’ Mojo is a hard driving, high energy, Zydeco-based “Party-Gras” Band. The female fronted group, headed by Jen Maurer features three-part harmonies, accordion, fiddle, guitar, rubboard, sax, trumpet, harp, bass, percussion, and drums. Always a party when this band takes the stage. A perfect way to start the Thanksgiving weekend holiday!
Doors open at 7:30, Music starts at 8pm
Tickets are $9 pre-sale, $12 day of show
Purchase tickets here or call 330-657-2528
find out more about Mo Mojo here
- November 28th- Brent Kirby and His Luck with supporting artist Rebecca Wohlever- Brent Kirby, one of Cleveland’s favorite artists, has teamed up with a new band which he has rightly called His Luck. An appropriate name for a great partnering of talented musicians. Catch him on his first trip with the band to the G.A.R. Hall. Rebecca Wohlever, a soulful singer who has been making a name lately on the Cleveland music scene, opens the night. Should be a great pairing for a great night of music. So come celebrate the start of the Holidays at Hall.
Doors Open at 6:30, Music starts at 7pm
$7 cover at the door- The best Black Friday deal you will find!!
- November 29th- Boy=Girl- It has been a while since we have had this duo at the Hall and it is long overdue. A Voices in the Valley favorite, Boy=Girl is Paul Kovak and Jen Maurer. This is a power duo! They may play sparse & intimate. They may rock it out. Either way you get penetrating harmonies and captivating playing. A mix of traditional and contemporary music, with an emphasis on originals.
Doors open at 7:30, Music starts at 8pm $5 cover at the door.
- December 5th- No Voices this week
- December 12th- Box of Squirrels with supporting act Ashley Brooke Toussant- Box of Squirrels was brought together to celebrate the combined sound of acoustic instruments and vocal harmonies. Their foundation is acoustic in nature, their songs eclectic, but their roots are purely eclectic with a focus on folk, an interesting combination with a resulting pure and easy sound. Ashley Brooke Toussant’s vocals are pure sweet and original, sure to leave you wanting more!
Doors open at 6:30, Music starts at 7PM. $5 donation requested at the door.
Read more about Box of Squirrels here
Read more about Ashley Brooke Toussant here
- December 13th- Voices in Valley presents a Small Hall Concert with the Honey DewDrops- “Not only are they brilliant musicians, Laura and Kagey are wonderful people whose music is as genuine as their personalities. They have the chops to make it big but more importantly, their sincerity and kindness will vault them to a whole new level in the coming years.”
-Bradley Kolodner, WICB, Ithaca, NY.
Very excited to have husband and wife duo Laura Wortman and Kagey Parrish join us from their home in the Blue Ridge Mountains. The sparseness and beauty of the Dewdrops’ playing is matched by the integrity of their songwriting. Don’t miss these two. It will be a good one!
Doors open at 7:30. Music starts at 8pm
pre-sale tickets- $10, day of show-$15
purchase tickets here
read more about the Honey Dewdrops here
- December 14th- Voices in the Valley presents a Small Hall Concert, The Rhondas Reunion- Long ago and not so far away, three beautiful and and immensely talented young ladies from the Akron area formed a band called the Rhondas. They delighted their audiences far and wide as they spread their talents through their music across the land. Sadly, there was just TOO much talent for one band to contain so the girls went their separate ways, to lead their own successful bands. The Rhondas were, (and still are)…Sarah Benn of Shivering Timbers, Laurie Michelle Caner of Hey Mavis and Jen Maurer of Mo Mojo and Boy=Girl. They have agreed to do a reunion of their talents for one evening on December 14th at the historic G.A.R. Hall, and we can’t wait!
Doors open at 6:30, General Admission. Music starts at 7
Pre-sale tickets are $10, Day of Show are $15
Purchase your tickets here
- December 19th- Peggy Coyle and Mike Lenz- If you have never seen Peggy and Mike than make this the night you do! Peggy is one of the area’s outstanding blues vocalist, and Mike’s blues guitar is her perfect companion. These two are old friends and have been performing music together for many years, come catch them for some great blues music over the holidays!
Doors open at 6:30, Music starts at 7pm
$5 donation requested at the door.
- December 20th- Voices in the Valley Small Hall Concerts presents The Ohio City Singers- ***SOLD OUT*** Cleveland’s favorite Christmas band makes its return to the G.A.R. Hall for its own take on the Christmas classics as well as some of their own original Holiday compositions. If you missed this show last year, make a point to mark your calendars and come on down to the Hall for this annual Christmas party!
Doors open at 7:30, music starts at 8.
read more about the Ohio City Singers
- December 26th- Clear Fork Bluegrass Quartet- Clear Fork Bluegrass has graced the G.A.R. Hall twice before and we are excited to have them join us once again. One of the Ohio Arts Council’s artist on tour band, they bring traditional Bluegrass compositions delivered by exceptional musicians. If you like Old Time Bluegrass, this is one not to miss.
Doors open at 6:30. Music starts at 7pm.
$5 donation requested at the door.
- December 27th- Songwriters in the Round featuring Jim Ballard, Jon Mosey, Charlie Weiner and Alex Bevan- Come join us as for these four seasoned singer-songwriters and close friends take the stage to sing each other’s tunes and share memories of their close ties for nearly 30 years. We did this show last year, and it was such a special evening, we had to do it again!
Doors open at 7:30, Music starts at 8pm.
$7 donation requested at the door
Enter the G.A.R. Hall through the side door by the patio. Parking for the G.A.R. Hall is on the southwest corner of Riverview Road and Main Street (Route 303).
If you would like to sponsor a night of music at Voices in the Valley, please visit our support page or contact 330-657-2528 or 330-760-0403 for more details. Thank you in advance for your consideration.
Please send all booking inquiries to email@example.com
Words are not enough for all the gratitude we have for the countless people who have given to this program. You know who you are and Thank YOU so much!
Jay Minkin for all his great press and support. Check out his blog at minkinsmusic.wordpress.com