In 1915, Perry and Florence Harrington traded their home for the inventory and management of the store, but did not acquire the building until 1933. Perry and Florence operated the store until Mrs. Harrington sold it in 1966. The Harringtons son, Girden, built an addition to the west in 1954 to house the post office.*
Today, it is home to Yellow Creek Trading Company and The Brown Rabbit.
*History courtesy of Walter Herip & the Chamber’s Architectural Tour. Used with permission.